Method 7: Fix your StorAHCI.sys driver
Note: A million thanks to our warm-hearted reader Javier for the following solution.
If you have tried all the above methods but still no avail, please see if this additional one helps.
The Windows 10 100% disk usage problem might also be caused by some Advanced Host Controller Interface PCI-Express (AHCI PCIe) models running with the inbox StorAHCI.sys driver due to a firmware bug.
Here’s how to determine if this is your problem and fix it:
1) Open Device Manager by pressing Windows logo key and X at the same time to choose Device Manager.
2) Expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers category, and double-click the AHCI controller.
3) Go to the Driver tab and click Driver Details. If you can see storahci.sys stored in a path of system32 folder, then you are running the inbox AHCI driver.
4) Close the Driver Details window and go to Details tab. From the drop-down menu, select Device Instance Path. Make note of the path, starting from VEN_.
5) Type regedit in the search box of Start panel, then hit Enter on your keyboard to run Registry Editor. Then go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\ \\Device Parameters\Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties
The here refers to the name you see from step 2).
The differs on different machines.
6) Double click the MSISupported key and change the value to 0.
7) Restart your computer after the change.