Download Solution: Click to Download Solution
Solution File Name: PracticeExercise9FD.pdf
Unzip Password: prestobear.com
Consider the following relation
patientDrug(patientID, patientName, drugNum, drugName, Dosage, MethodOfAdministration,
unitPerDay, startDate, endDate)
• Given the following statements, please come up with all necessary functional dependencies that hold
in this relation.
• A patient can be uniquly identified by his/her id.
• A drug can be uniquly identified by drugNum.
• The dosage, methodOfAdministration and unitPerDay of a drug are determined by who
the patient is and the drug.
• A patient can take the same drug multiple times during a period of time, but cannot
start taking the same drug unless he/she finishes the prior prescription.