Download Solution: Click to Download Solution
Solution File Name: Ch15.doc
Unzip Password: prestobear.com
Chapter 15 Solutions
1. What type of netfilter/iptables chain targets traffic that is destined for the local computer?
2. A router must have a network interface on more than one network to transfer information between networks. True or False.
3. The daemons associated with network services listen for network traffic associated with a particular _______.
c. TCP/IP address
d. allocation number
4. Which of the following port numbers is associated with telnet?
5. The document root directory contains files shared by the Samba daemon. True or False?
6. Before a computer can be used as a router, it must be provided what configuration information?
a. routing table
b. subnet mask
c. default gateway
d. default router
7. Which of the following are well-known ports? (Choose all that apply.)
8. What must you do in order to become a DNS server? (Choose all that apply.)
a. Create zone files.
b. Create resource records for DNS lookups.
c. Create NIS maps.
d. Run the name daemon (named).
9. Which of the following Linux Intrusion Detection Systems can be used to detect port scans? (Choose all that apply.)
10. Which two commands can be used to modify the route table on a Linux computer? (Choose two answers.)
11. Which file contains configuration information for the Samba daemons on Red Hat Fedora Core 2?
12. Which of the following port numbers is associated with DNS?
13. Which file contains information regarding the users, computers, and commands used by the sudo command?
14. Which of the following actions should you first take to secure your Linux computer against network attacks?
a. Change permissions on key system files.
b. Ensure that only necessary services are running.
c. Run a checksum for each file used by network services.
d. Configure entries in the /etc/sudoers file.
15. Which of the following commands can be used to scan the available ports on computers within your organization?
16. Which of the following Linux Intrusion Detection Systems can be used to detect altered files and directories? (Choose all that apply.)
17. Which file contains configuration information for the Apache daemon on Red Hat Fedora Core 2?
18. Mary is a system administrator in your organization. She has recently made changes to the DHCP configuration file, but the DHCP daemon does not seem to recognize the new changes. What should she do?
a. Run the su command to switch to the root user and reedit the configuration file.
b. Run the sudo command to edit the configuration file.
c. Restart the DHCP daemon.
d. Restart the xinetd daemon.
19. What are best practices for securing a local Linux server? (Choose all that apply.)
a. Lock the server in a server closet.
b. Ensure that you are logged in as the root user to the server at all times.
c. Set a BIOS password on the server.
d. Set the default run level to 1 (Single User Mode).
20. Which of the following are stand-alone daemons? (Choose all that apply.)
a. Apache (httpd)
b. FTP (in.ftpd)
c. telnet (in.telnetd)
d. DNS (named)
Discovery Exercise 1
Discovery Exercise 2
Discovery Exercise 3
Discovery Exercise 4